Information on graduation evaluations and the Diploma Project:
- Results of the Graduation evaluations
- Schedule of the Graduation evaluations
- Registration procedure for the Graduation exam
- Bachelor graduation examination
- Information on the Diploma Project
The results of the Graduation evaluations will be available on the Virtual Campus, exclusively.
|Registration for the graduation exam||June 15-19,2020||online|
|Graduation examinations||June 29-30, 2020||online|
The examination schedule will be available on the Virtual Campus.
The Evaluation Boards are available here.
The entire registration process is described in the Virtual Campus section, specially allocated as a course to the Graduation exam.
Some important excerpts regarding the Graduation evaluations, specified in the above-mentioned regulations:
- The exam will be carried out online, using the resources of the specialized platform for online education, UPT Virtual Campus (CVUPT), available at the Politehnica University of Timisoara.
- The application for the Graduation exam will be carried out online, according to the instructions and the calendar established by the Faculty Council, for each study program. The application file must also contain the declaration, signed by the candidate (in electronic format), regarding the rights and obligations the candidate has during the online examination procedure, the declaration on the technical means the candidate will use during the examination, as well as the express consent of the of personal data processing.
- The online sessions of the Graduation exam will be recorded in full audio-video for each candidate and archived at the faculty level, and will remain confidential.
- To carry out the online Graduation exam, the candidates and the members of the Evaluation boards must use the following: student card/ identity card (in the case of candidates), computer/ laptop/ tablet; internet connection; audio-video communication equipment. Each candidate will declare individually, on his/ her own responsibility, the means of communication that will use during the exam. Use of such equipment (computer/ laptop/ tablet; internet connection; audio-video communication equipment) is also necessary for the persons requesting to assist to the defense of the Dissertation Thesis.
- The candidates will join the video-conference sessions for the license exam according to the schedule and specifications posted by the secretary of the Evaluation board.
- Upon the start of the exam, the candidate must identify himself/ herself, by presenting the identity card or student card in front of the video camera, and to transmit live, through the video camera, the environment in which he/ she is carrying the exam.
- The exam takes place exclusively live.
- During the examination, the following cases are forbidden: the presence/ access of another person in the exam environment of the candidate; communication of the candidate with another person excepting the members of the Evaluation board; share of the candidate's presentation screen with other persons except the members of the Evaluation board; candidate leaving the exam environment; interruption of the exam; any other cases and acts which could potentially lead to exam fraud.
- During the examination, the candidate must not use or possess in the exam environment other means of information and communication which have not been expressly approved.
- The members of the Evaluation board have the right to ensure that in the exam environment of the candidate there are no other means of data access/ communication, other than those used by the candidate during the exam, as well as no other means of information (regardless of their type). To exercise this obligation, the members of the Evaluation board may ask the candidate, both before and during the examination, clarifications on the objects that would present reasonable indications that they may be means of information.
- The practical demonstrations of the Diploma project, if any, will be shown during or at the end of each presentation, in "live" manner or by use of some demo video recordings.
- Prior to the examination, each Diploma project must be evaluated by the respective supervisor(s). The evaluation marks must be justified. If the resulting mark is lower than 5, the candidate is not accepted at the Graduation exam.
- The exam is composed of two modules, the knowledge evaluation module and the Diploma project defense. For each examination question, the candidate must be apriori informed on which of the two categories it belongs to.
- The grade of the dissertation exam is calculated as the arithmetic average of the marks issued by the president and the members of the Evaluation board. The minimum grade required to pass the dissertation exam is 6. The marks of the president and the members of the Evaluation board are integer numbers, between 1 and 10. The average result for dissertation exam is calculated with two decimals, without rounding.
Some important excerpts regarding the Diploma Project, specified in the above-mentioned regulations:
- The Diploma Project must comply with the specifications of Annex 1a. "Content of the Diploma Project", or Annex b. "Bachelor Thesis Summary", from the Regulations for writing and presenting the Diploma Project, depending on the language of the project, while also considering the comments and suggestions of the supervisor
- The first page of the project will be formatted according to the templates in Annex 3a or Annex 3b of the same Regulations, depending on the language of the project
- Candidates submit to their supervisors CD/DVD with the following elements:
- The Diploma Project in *.pdf format
- The oral presentation support files of the project (such as the *.ppt or *.pdf files)
- A photo of the candidate
- A statement confirming that the "work is the result of candidate's own intellectual activity and does not contain plagiarism". The statement, printed and signed by the candidate will be included as the last page of the project. The format of this statement is specified by the template in Annex 4 of the Regulations
- A project assessment document from the co-supervisor, if the project has been developed with joint supervision (for example, with a company in the field). This document will be appended to the printed version of the project
- The application(s) developed in the project, in fully functional version, as well as the corresponding commented source code
- All the project results, tests, experiments, simulations, graphics, existing annexes, user manuals, as well as the electronic version of the documentation and references used within the project
In the case of co-supervised projects (such as those developed jointly with a company in the field), where particular approaches regarding to intellectual property (IP) are applicable, the supervisors will agree on the minimum amount of code and results to be published from the project, such as to permit its technical evaluation by the Graduation Board
- The Diploma Project will first be evaluated by the supervisor, by filling in and signing an evaluation form, according to Annex 2. "Diploma Project evaluation form".